Auto Paint Refinishing | Ashland, KY
Visit Phillips Body Shop for Auto Body Refinishing!
What does the term "auto body refinishing" mean? Simply stated, car refinishing is the process of restoring the surface of a vehicle to get it ready for a new paint job. There are typically two issues that bring drivers in to a shop with their vehicles for auto body refinishing. These two problems are rust and body damage.
The process of auto body paint refinishing is fairly simple, but each step is important. A general idea of the process is outlined below:
- Rust is cleaned and any dents or dings smoothed out;
- Primer is applied to make sure there is a smooth and even surface for the new paint to adhere to;
- The entire section to be painted is sanded and cleaned thoroughly;
- The top coating is applied after the repair area is masked off to prevent over-spray;
- Colored topcoat is applied, and
- A clear coat is applied to ensure the gloss and texture of the refinished area is an exact match to the original finish.
As most vehicle owners don't have any car refinishing experience or the equipment needed, our auto body refinishing experts will be happy to help you restore your car to perfection!
Why choose Phillips for auto body paint refinishing?
- Lifetime National Warranty on labor
- Interior and exterior vehicle detailing
- Estimates from anywhere
- Free towing (often insurance reimbursed)
- All insurances accepted (however insurance is not required)
Proudly Serving Ashland, KY and surrounding areas.