Differential Service | Ashland, KY
Gearbox fluid provides lubrication for the sets of bearings, shafts and gears located in the different types of gearboxes which operate under high stress & high heat.
What We Do:
- Remove and inspect the fill plug
- Remove and inspect the drain plug
- Flush and vacuum the old gear oil out of the gearbox
- Reinstall the drain plug
- Fill the differential with up to 5 pints of new gear oil
- Reinstall the fill plug
Why We Do It:
- Helps protect against bearing and gear failure
- Prevents abnormal wear on gears due to poor lubrication
- Prevents gear overheating
Phillips Body Shop recommends differential service every 12,000 miles or 12 months if towing heavy loads or submerging rear-end in water. Otherwise, see owner’s manual for suggested interval.
Proudly Serving Ashland, KY and surrounding areas.